Monday, May 21, 2007

Eight Weeks Old

Jack seems to grow and change each day. He has his 2 month check-up on Thursday. We are curious to see how much he's grown this month. He is awake more often and is responding more to us. We have seen some genuine smiles, usually in the morning when he is happiest. It is so exciting to see him smile at us.




I went back to work on May 9. It was pretty difficult to leave Jack, but his great aunt Sue was watching him, so I knew he was in great hands. I only worked one day a week the past two weeks, so it's not bad. My last day is May 31, and then I will be a stay-at-home mommy. Jack and I have already had playdates with many of his friends (Caeleigh, Andrew, and Katie to name a few).




I turned 30 last week. Jim was on call that night, so I planned to have dinner with my parents. To my surprise, Jim showed up at my parents' house. He had secretly switched his call and made dinner reservations at a new restaurant, Oscars, in Normandy. It was very good, and we highly recommend it. Jim asked them to have a bottle of champagne waiting for us when we arrived. I had a wonderful time. Jack got to enjoy the evening with Nana and Papa.
This weekend is going to be BUSY. Saturday night is the St. Louis reception for David and Melanie. Sunday morning is Jack's baptism. His uncle Patrick and aunt Karen are his Godparents. Sunday afternoon we have a family reunion with the Nahms. We will also be taking a Kelly family picture sometime. Luckily, Jim has the whole weekend off. It will be nice to spend some quality time as a family. We will surely have lots of pictures to post next week.




Here are some pictures from the past few weeks:








New dads Jason and Jim, with their sons Andrew and Jack.




Caeleigh and Jack napping together.




Our family picture. We're all wearing baseball caps.


Daddy and Jack on a recent visit to the park.

No comments: