Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fredbird and Jack

A bank near us had a grand opening yesterday. We went because we heard Fredbird would be there. Jack brought his Hello Fredbird book to get autographed. After Fredbird signed the book, I asked if he would hold Jack for a picture. Jack, who will let anyone hold him, burst into tears the moment Fredbird took him. Later, we tried again, but this time I held Jack next to Fredbird. Jack wanted nothing to do with it.
Then we all got our picture with Fredbird, but Jack still wanted to get as far away as possible.
Finally, I thought we would check out the bounce house. Jack and I waited until the kids inside were done, and then the attendant let just the two of us go in. I was afraid if other (older) kids were in there with Jack, they would knock him down. Jack did not like the bounce house either! I guess I understand. Since he doesn't know how to jump yet, what fun is a place where you keep falling as you try to walk? So much for what mom thought would be a fun outing!

No comments: