Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Michigan!

I must first apologize for how many pictures are in this post. I took so many in Michigan and it was hard to decide what to put on the blog.

After Chicago, Jack and I went to Michigan with my parents. We met many of my relatives up there. At one point, there were 29 people sharing two cottages on Lake Michigan (11 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms)! One of the first things we did was go to the playground. Jack and Caeleigh hung out in their pajamas in Caeleigh's chairs on the deck one morning. They enjoyed the incredible view.
Jack loved the beach. He learned he could fall over in the sand and it didn't hurt. He would roll around in it and get sand everywhere. He also loved Lake Michigan. The fact that it was about 54 degrees did not seem to bother him. I think he would have stayed in the water longer, and wandered deeper if I had let him. We played in the sand or on the beach almost every day.

We sure did miss Daddy, though.
It was fun for Jack and Caeleigh to play together. Because they weren't on the same nap schedule, they really didn't play together as much as Colleen and I thought they would.


Since it was vacation, Jack enjoyed a drink or two.
The world's youngest shuffleboard player:
This was Rachel's outfit one day - t-shirt, shorts, and wool hat. Hmmm.... I think this picture was taken right after one of her dips in the lake. She and many of the other teenagers were part of the "Dip a Day" club. Brrrr...
Patrick and I took Ryan, Adam, and Jack on a trolley.
The sand dune behind the cottage provided lots of fun too!
Ryan and Adam spent hours digging and playing in the sand.
Jack likes to taste everything.

We walked out on the pier one afternoon. My mom and aunt Lucy swung Jack as they walked. Now, whenever two people are holding his hands he expects you to swing him. His body goes limp because he is waiting for you to pick him up and swing him. It is hilarious. I am amazed at how he remembers such things.
Cousins hanging out on the pier.
Nana and Papa with 3 of their 4 grandsons.



This day at the beach was quite windy. The lawnchair is there to block the wind as the boys dig a hole in the sand.






On the way home from Michigan, we stopped in Chicago for Lukas's baptism. He was amazing - he slept through the whole thing!
Uncle David is the proud Godfather.

Finally, we are home again!











No comments: