Thursday, December 4, 2008

Transportation Museum and Visit with Santa

Jack is taking a nap right now. It is the first nap he has taken since Saturday! I was beginning to worry that he would never nap again. We have gone out each day this week, so I was very surprised that he would not nap. I thought he would be worn out.

Yesterday we went to the Museum of Transportation and visited their "Creation Station." Jack had a fun time playing with some of the other kids and exploring the room. I wish we had gone into the actual museum, but by the time we were finished with the Creation Station it was time to eat lunch and not nap.

Jack is learning how gears work: Jack really liked this boat. He could climb up it and also climb inside it on the lower level.
Hello Mommy!
Today we went to the Oakland House with a group of moms and kids. The kids were treated to a story, a puppet show, a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and a chocolate chip cookie. I felt like we were rushed through everything, though. I am pretty sure the number of people in the room for the story and puppet show was a fire code violation. Jack seemed somewhat interested in the puppet show. He did not want to sit on the floor with the other kids, though. He wanted to sit on my lap.
Last year, Jack did fine on Santa's lap. This summer when Fredbird held Jack, he screamed and cried. So, I was afraid we would have the same reaction with Santa. He did not scream or cry, but he clearly did not want to sit on his lap.
I think Jack's favorite part was eating the cookie Mrs. Claus made. It was my favorite part, too.

No comments: