Friday, March 6, 2009

Enjoying the Weather...

Jack and I have taken full advantage of the nice weather we've had lately. A couple weeks ago, we headed to the zoo. Jack really enjoyed the train ride. Here he is sitting patientlly waiting for Mommy to get on and the train to go. His pants got a little muddy crawling through this log.
The hippos weren't in the water (they were sunning themselves on the shore), but we did get to see a lot of fish in the hippo's aquarium.
"Which way is the elephant?"
Did I mention it was Ash Wednesday? I would forget I had ashes on my forehead until I looked in the mirror or someone mentioned them. One of the train engineers wished me a Happy Ash Wednesday. Hmm...seems contradictory.
Last Tuesday, we went with Grandma to the Butterfly House. Nancy and Margo met us there. The Butterfly House had just released a large number of Blue Morpho butterflies and they were flying all around us. It was very cool. My camera fogged up in the 82 (or 84?) degree house.
This woman had 4 butterflies in her hair! One landed on my jeans later, but that was not nearly as impressive.
Jack and Margo hanging out on the butterfly bench.
Jack knew he wasn't supposed to touch the butterflies, but he liked getting close and pretending that he was going to touch them.
He also liked to read all the signs.
"I think I see one over there!"
Hot and tired after running through the butterfly house...
On Friday morning we met Colleen, Caeleigh, Sean, and their neighborhood playgroup for a fun day at the playground. Jack started on the smaller playground...

Then he moved on to the big kid playground...
The tunnel slide was his favorite!
Jack and Caeleigh both like the swings!
In an attempt to get a picture of them together, I told Jack to hold Caeleigh's hand. This way neither of them walked off (which is what usually happens). It was pretty cute.

No comments: