Friday, May 22, 2009

Catching Up with Friends

It's good to be home and see our friends again. On Tuesday, we met some friends at the park. After swinging, sliding, and running around we had a picnic lunch. After the park, Jack stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom and Dad ran some errands. First we went to Jim's appointment with an oral surgeon. After examining Jim's jaw, he decided to take off the wires! Jim is not supposed to chew for a couple weeks, but at least he can open his mouth some to get soft food in it! Then, we went to get a new license for Jim and out for a quick dinner. I can't remember the last time Jim and I had dinner alone. Lastly, we went to my doctor for my ultrasound. The baby looks good and is on-target for our Oct. 15 due date. We did not find out the sex (we want to be surprised), but the technician knows.

On Wednesday Jack and I discovered that the grocery store gives a free cookie to kids when they are shopping with a parent. I was pretty excited and decided Jack needed a chocolate cookie with M&Ms in it. Of course he shared it with me! He also got it all over his face.
Thursday, we met Zoey and Delaney at the zoo. It was so crowded! The kids loved petting the goats.
We watched the river otters for a while.
Jack and the girls stood here to be measured. I took a similar picture of the three of them last September (it's below).

A trip to the Children's Zoo would not be complete without a ride in the jeep.

We are so thankful for the membership Nana and Papa gave us so we can ride the train for free!
Today we met friends at the Magic House. We spent most of our time outside playing in the water. Notice that Jack has his shoes and socks on in the water. He went in the water before I could stop him. I took the shoes and socks off later.
Jack and Margo loved running around the moat.


We got to play with Ashley's children: Maggie, Eliza, and Nate.
Lily drove Jack around in the boat while he relaxed and caught some rays (they did have sunscreen on, of course).
Jim and I are anxious to take Jack camping again. Maybe we should get a Jack-sized tent like this one.
Jack found a boat he could pull in the water.
We had a lot of fun today. I didn't plan on being outside, or near water. Jack was soaked by the time we left, so he rode home in just a diaper. He is actually taking a nap right now!!! I thought he would nap yesterday after we spent 4 hours at the zoo (without a stroller), but he didn't. So, I wasn't too hopeful that he would fall asleep today, but lucky me, he did!

No comments: