Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another Fun Week

Last Saturday, Jim assembled Jack's toddler bed. Jack was excited about it. He pointed to it and said, "Jack's toddler bed." It was pretty cute. Here is a picture from that night:After I put him down, I could hear him moving around and talking to himself. After about 30 minutes he finally fell asleep, and when I checked on him later I found a few books in his bed. Here is a picture of him sleeping:
Since then, he has done really well in the toddler bed--at night. Naps are another story. He has not been a good napper lately anyway, but at least in his crib he was contained. Since the move to the toddler bed, at nap time I hear him running around his room, jumping, shooting baskets, whatever. Despite spending a lot of time swimming in the hot, hot sun this week, he just would not nap. However, on Thursday, when my parents watched Jack while I tutored, I put him down in their pack n' play. And he slept! So, I have decided that Jack can nap in a pack n' play and sleep in his toddler bed at night. It has been working out so far.
On Sunday, we took our fathers out for a Father's Day brunch. My mom couldn't make it because she is on a cruise with my sister-in-law, Melanie. Lucky ladies! Jim, Jack, Grandma, Grandpa, Papa, and I enjoyed the food and the company.

We went to Caeleigh's house for some fun in the water. Colleen set up some kiddie pools and slides and the kids had a blast.

On Friday morning, Jack was playing with one of Jim's ties. I told him that one day he would wear a tie like Daddy. I decided we didn't need to wait for "one day"; he could wear one today!

No comments: