Sunday, June 14, 2009

Michigan!

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from the trip Jack and I took to Michigan a couple weeks ago. We stopped in Illinois on the way for lunch with my college roommate, Amy, and her 2 boys. Jack and her son, Bo, had a lot of fun together. Next, we went to Chicago for a night. We got to stay with Uncle David and Aunt Melanie. Nana and Papa were there as well. Friday afternoon we went to a park while David and my parents played tennis. Jack watched for a while...
Then we headed to the playground for some real fun!
I was impressed that Jack could climb this snake-like ladder all by himself! My big boy!
On Saturday morning we drove to Michigan! We had a great week up there with lots of family. Jack had lots of fun with his Wisconsin cousins: Ryan, Adam, and Lukas. He spent a lot of time playing on the sand dunes behind the cottages. I didn't mind hanging out with him up there because I had a great view of the lake. I did mind when Jack would put sand in his mouth. Yuck!
Jack and Adam digging the sand.
The weather was cool, but we still enjoyed some time on the beach. One afternoon we walked along the beach to the playground at the public beach nearby.
The cold water (54 degrees) did not bother Jack.
Uncle Michael and his girlfriend Kathleen walked with us.
Papa walked with us, too!
When we got back to our beach, Jack had fun digging sand and playing in the water with his cousins.

Jack's pants got soaked, so I took them off. He played in a diaper and sweatshirt. It was a sight to see.
"Brrrr..." that water's cold!
One morning we went into town for a trolley ride. Nana and Papa got a picture with all their grandsons.
The trolley was fun and full of corny jokes.
Bubbles on the deck
We tried to get a picture of all the grandsons with their matching swimming trunks.
Lukas didn't want to participate.He does like getting his picture taken, though. He was upset and crying, but when I took his picture, he stopped crying to give me this smile.
I love this shirt I bought Jack. It is SPF 50. Jack is not a fan of sunscreen, so when he wears this shirt it cuts back on how much of his body I have to slather with sunscreen.
Jack and I spent some time on the beach - just the two of us.
We definitely missed Jim and wished he could be there with us.
My Uncle Steve brought a couple kayaks with him. Jack enjoyed playing in them (on dry land).
One morning we had a girls day. My mom, Ingrid, Kathleen, and I went out to breakfast and shopping. Kathleen and I bought matching sweatshirts. They say "Lake Michigan, Unsalted."
Here's a photo with me, Jack, my parents, and my brother Patrick and his family.

1 comment:

John said...

Great pics Molly! Wish I could've stayed longer. :(