Monday, August 10, 2009

Denver

On Saturday, Jim and I took Jack to the Denver Firefighters Museum. He got to dress up like a firefighter and "drive" a fire truck! I think Daddy was a little jealous that they didn't have firefighter gear in his size. :)

Jack and Jim put together a big fire truck puzzle, too.
On Saturday afternoon, we went to a Brew Grass Festival. Jim and Kitty enjoyed a few tasty adult beverages and I enjoyed a sno cone. We listened to some music and Jack ran around. It was fun for all. No pictures, though.

Sunday morning, we met my cousin Kristen for brunch. She lives in Denver and I don't get to see her too often. It was fun to catch up with her.

After brunch, we walked to Coors Field to see a Rockies-Cubs game. We were happy to see the Cubs lose (and Lou Piniella was ejected from the game)! Even better, the Cardinals won their game! Here are a couple pictures from the game (we were not the only ones in the stadium with Cardinal gear on).


On our walk back to the car we passed a bar that advertised a free can of PBR with your game-day ticket. We had to stop.
All good things must come to an end. We are on our way home from our Colorado adventure. We are in a hotel in Topeka as I write this. Jack is sleeping in the bed next to me:

No comments: