Thursday, October 15, 2009

Due Date

So, today is officially my due date. It's almost 10:00 p.m. and no baby yet, so I think it is highly unlikely I am having the baby today. I really don't feel like this baby is coming anytime soon. A lot of people assume I am incredibly anxious to have the baby, but the truth is that I am not. I know the baby is exponentially easier to care for now than after he/she is born. That is not to say I am not excited, though. I am. I just don't feel the need to have the baby immediately. My doctor won't let me go more than a week past my due date (I am thankful for that - I don't want a huge baby), so I will probably be induced next Wednesday or Thursday. Here is a picture of me tonight. This is the most pregnant I have ever been (Jack was induced a few days before his due date because the amniotic fluid levels were too low). In other news, we have just been playing, playing, playing. Last week we were able to meet up with my friend Katie and her son Ben since Katie was on vacation. We went to the Botanical Gardens and the kids had fun at the Children's Garden. Jack went down this slide first.
Then Ben went down, and flipped around on the way.
Jack loves to climb things. I am actually very afraid he is going to climb into the crib with the baby since they are sharing a room. He climbed up this rope/web thing all by himself.
I got these two to sit still for a picture by giving them each a stick to hold. Too bad they didn't look at the camera!
We continued to spend time with Uncle David and Aunt Melanie before they left for 7 weeks in South America (they left today). Yesterday, we met them at the Magic House. Jack enjoyed the new Curious George exhibit.
We spent a lot of time putting these things together.
This was definitely Uncle David's favorite part.
Aunt Melanie got to pretend to be the president.
So did Jack.
Next, Jack showed us how to be a judge. He may need to watch more Matlock to perfect his imitation.
I am not sure who had more fun in the construction area.
Check out Jack and Aunt Melanie's hair!
If you look closely you can see that Uncle David is completely inside a bubble!
We went to dinner at my parents' house last night to say good-bye to David and Melanie. Michael was working, so after dinner we went to his work for a couple drinks (he's a bartender) and we played some Wii. We sure are going to miss David and Melanie when they move to Australia at the end of November!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I hope that you enjoyed your last weekend as a mother of one! Hard to believe that it will now only be 4 days - at most!