Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ND, Hall of Fame, Science Center

Last Thursday, we drove to Notre Dame. Jim gave a talk to the Chemical Engineering students on Friday. A drive that normally takes about 6 hours took 9 hours. There was some freezing rain along the way, but the main reason it took so long was we were traveling with 2 kids!The first thing we did on campus on Friday was stop for lunch. Jack took coloring the children's menu very seriously.
Notice his tongue sticking out while he concentrates!
After lunch, we went to the bookstore. The boys and I stayed there and read books while Jim gave his talk. Jim has talked at ND before, and I have gone to the class. We thought it might be a little distracting this time to bring 2 little ones with us.Jim enjoyed being back on his old campus.


We went out to dinner with one of my former cross country runners, Maureen, who is a sophomore at ND, and her boyfriend.
After dinner, we put Jack to bed and then Patrick hung out with us for a bit.

Jim picked up this bottle of beer - Four Horsemen.


Our trip home on Saturday only took about 8 hours. As soon as we got home, I changed clothes and went to my high school for their Hall of Fame ceremony. My good friend, Kathryn, was being inducted into the Hall of Fame (with the rest of her basketball team) for being the first basketball team from IWA to win the State Championship (in 1995). Congratulations, Kathryn!

It was fun to hang out with some other girls from my class.
On Monday, Jack, Patrick and I met Margo and Nancy at the Science Center.






No comments: