Wednesday, April 7, 2010

San Diego

Jim had a conference in San Diego a couple weeks ago.  He flew out there on Monday, and then I came out on Friday.  Our parents watched the kiddos for us!  We had a lot of fun.  Here is the view from Jim's hotel room.
Friday night we checked into a new hotel.  We had a view of the baseball stadium.

I arrived late Friday morning.  After Jim finished his meetings, we went to lunch with some of his friends who were out there for the conference.  Then we went to Coronado Island and rented some bikes.  It was a beautiful place, and the weather was great.  We returned to our hotel to get ready to go out that evening.
First we went to the terrace bar at our hotel.
Then we met our friends for dinner.
Afterwards, we walked around and enjoyed the sights.
Jim and I woke up early Saturday morning and went to La Jolla.  We had breakfast on the patio of  a little restaurant by the beach.  Then we walked along the sidewalk on the cliffs above the beach.  We saw sea lions and seals playing in the water and sunning themselves on rocks and in the sand.
We put our swimsuits on and got knocked over by the huge waves.  The water was pretty cold, so we didn't stay in it long.  I was in just long enough to go under so I could say I did.
That afternoon we explored Old Towne.
We had a nice dinner Saturday evening and then got on an early flight Sunday.  We were a little concerned about the flight home because I lost my drivers license at some point Saturday.  No worries - my Sam's card got me through airport security!  Last week I went to the DMV and got a new license.  Yesterday, I got my old one back in the mail.  Apparently someone in San Diego found it and mailed it to me.  That was very nice of them.  They didn't send a note or leave a return address, so I have no idea where it was found.
Jim and I had a great trip.  It was the longest we had been away together (without kids) since we've had children.  It was also the first time I left Patrick overnight.  I was a little worried, but everything went fine.  They had a great time with their grandparents.  No big surprise there!

No comments: