Saturday, October 9, 2010

It Doesn't Feel Like Fall

It was chilly for a few days, but is back in the upper 80s today!  I am not complaining, though.  I like cooler weather, but definitely prefer warm to cold.

Last week, Jack had his first parent-child outing with his preschool.  He and I got to go to a pumpkin farm.  We went on a tractor ride with his class.
 When Jack told Jim about it later, he said we rode on a tractor ride, but "not on the green part."
 Then, we went through an inflatable Halloween maze.
 We had some time to play on the playground and Jack became a farmer,
a ghost,
and a jack-o-latern!

 Jack also rode in a wagon with a couple preschool friends.

On Wednesday, we had lots of friends come over to play.  During downtime, Anna read some books to Jack.
When I got out the tunnel for the kids, Patrick watched the older kids crawl through it and decided to try it himself.  He loved it!
I tried to get a picture of Patrick and Quint outside, but Patrick kept crawling away.  This is the best one I have.  Jack decided the pumpkin would make a nice addition to the picture.
 Hiro was flying high when his Daddy came to get him!

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous outside and we met friends at a park for lunch.  Jack and Patrick wore the Jambeque shirts Colleen made for them.
I think sticks are a good source of fiber, right?
Caeleigh and Sean were able to join us!

Patrick was having a LOT of fun!  He is such a happy guy!

Andrew came with his Aunt Nancy and cousin Margo!
Patrick really liked the slides.  He would stand at the bottom and bang on them. Then he would crawl up one of them a couple inches and slide back down.
I know this picture is not at all in focus, but it makes me laugh.  I put Jack and Patrick at the top of this side-by-side slide and attempted to take a picture of them (sitting).  Well, Patrick decided he wanted to slide down.  So, I was only able to quickly get this picture before I had to run over to Patrick to help him slide (he's not big enough to go down by himself yet).  

At home, I took a few more pictures of the boys in their Jambeque shirts.


This morning, we had nothing scheduled!  Jim got up early with the boys and I got to sleep in!!!  When I woke up, I made oatmeal waffles and we ate them on t.v. trays while watching part of the Ken Burns Civil War film.  It is definitely not what I would have chosen to watch, but Jack seemed interested and Jim has been anxious to watch it.  I was just happy to relax with my favorite guys.



No comments: