Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trains, bikes, water, and NLCS

A little over a week ago, we visited the Wabash Frisco and Pacific Railroad.  We were able to go on a scenic 2-mile steam train ride along the Meramec River.  Nana came with us this year.
While we waited in the long line (they said it was possibly a record-breaking day), the boys played on this bike rack.


Waving to the train:


Riding the train:
Jack was very excited!

Brotherly love:

It doesn't seem to matter what time Patrick goes to bed at night, he is up by 6:30 or so in the morning (and sometimes earlier).  After a particularly late night, Patrick was exhausted by lunchtime.  He fell asleep mid-meal!
We've had a nice October.  The boys have been able to spend a lot of time outside.  Here are some pictures of Jack riding his bike up and down our street while Patrick napped.  Luckily we live on a short block, so I can sit on our front porch and see Jack the entire time, while I listen for Patrick to wake.

An attempted picture with the camera's timer (it looks like a lot of pictures my Grandma used to take):
Jack's funny faces:



Daddy and Charlie watching the Cardinals in the NLCS:
Last Thursday, I braved the Magic House with all three boys by myself.  We had a good time!  I only got the camera out at the water table, which is one of Jack's and Patrick's favorite places.



That night, Jim and I took Charlie to the NLCS game at Busch Stadium.  We took a family picture in our Cardinals gear in my parents' backyard before we left.



We met up with our friends Jim and Carol at the game.  The Jims have been friends since kindergarten!

Let's hope the Cardinals can continue their winning in the World Series.  I am excited to be going to game 2 on Thursday night with my good friends Kathryn and Janie!

No comments: