Saturday, October 8, 2011

Warm October

The weather has been really nice lately.  The boys have gotten to spend a lot of time outside.  Patrick wakes up every morning saying, "ba ball, bas ball, fooot ball, soc ball" which translates to "baseball, basketball, football, and soccer ball."  We have all of these balls in our backyard and he is anxious to go outside and play with them.  The boys have also been decorating the backyard with chalk lately.  They don't stop at just coloring on the sidewalk.  No, they color the house, fence, playhouse, cozy coupe, slide, and just about anything else they can find.



The other day I just sat on the grass with Charlie in my lap as Jack and Patrick played.

After soccer last Saturday, we went to a festival in a nearby park.
The kids got balloons, jumped in a bounce house, played games, played on the playground, listened to live music, and we ate lunch.
Patrick playing ring toss:

Our neighbors got a new roof this week.  Jack and Patrick liked to watch the roofers from the window.
On Tuesday, we met some friends at the Butterfly House.  .



After looking at butterflies, we played on the playground outside and had a picnic lunch with our friends.

On Wednesday, I got to accompany Jack on his class field trip to a pumpkin farm.
Each person got to pick out a pumpkin to bring home.

Jack had fun with the kids from his school.
We went on a hay ride and sat up front by the tractor.

On Thursday, Charlie turned 1 month old.  I tried to get a few pictures of him.  He is kind of a fussy baby, as you'll see in some of the pictures.

Jack wanted to be in some of the pictures, too.
This picture cracks me up.  Jack is looking at the camera, and smiling happily, while Charlie is screaming his head off.
Our three boys:

Both Jack and Patrick are quite sweet with Charlie.  Patrick is good at giving him "gentle kisses."
This is the bassinet in which Charlie sleeps.  Jack and Patrick also slept in it early on.  It is the same bassinet I slept in as an infant, as well as my siblings, many of my cousins, and my mom and her 10 brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Just curious about how much Charlie weighed at his one month check-up. I only ask because I have a strong feeling that I'm still carrying close to Charlie's current weight.