Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Half Marathon

In early April, Jim and I ran our first half marathon.  We had a fabulous weekend filled with lots of friends and activities, and barely any picture-taking by me.  The picture of Chris and Kathryn in front of the Arch is one of the only pictures I have from the weekend.  Luckily, I can share a few from other people's iPhones.

The weekend started off Friday night when my good friend from high school, Kathryn, and her friend Chris flew in from Denver. Somehow we thought it was a good idea to try on some wigs I had borrowed from my friend Sara.

On Saturday morning, we went downtown to pick up our race packets.  Then, we went to the Arch.  By the time we got through the line to get into the Arch, I had to leave.  Kathryn and Chris stayed and were joined by their other friend Chris who had driven straight to the Arch on her way in town.
On Saturday night, we had about twenty people over to our house for a lasagna dinner.  It was fun to catch up with everyone.  Bright and early on Sunday morning, we went downtown for the race.  Here is a pre-race picture (back row: Chris, Jim; front row: Chris, Molly, Kathryn, Connie).  Kathryn, Chris, and Chris came in from Denver and Connie came in from AZ for the race

The starting line:
The last mile of the race:
A group of girls from my high school, post-race:
 Our running crew:

1 comment:

Amy Z. said...

awesome job :-) so cool for you all to Run Together!!