Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving, Baptism, Trains, and More!

We were without internet for almost a week, so I will use that as my excuse for not updating the blog. I have lots of pictures to share.
Jack and I took Patrick to the zoo for the first time, and we met up with Jack's friend, Margo, and her Dad. Patrick enjoyed his first train ride. He actually slept the entire time at the zoo. On Thanksgiving, we visited both sets of grandparents. Grandpa held Patrick for the first time, and it was a success!
Papa also held Patrick.
Jack and his cousin, Lukas, took a bath together. Nana gave them these cute snowmen towels.
My cousins usually get together the night after Thanksgiving. Here is a picture of those of us that got together this year. Patrick decided to come along, too.
On Sunday, we had Patrick's Baptism. Here is Jack with his cousins Ryan, Lukas, and Adam.
Uncle Paul and Aunt Ingrid are Patrick's Godparents.
My mom made his baptismal gown! My cousin embroidered the shamrocks and the "K" on it!
Since my entire family was in town, we gathered on the church steps for a picture.
Jim's mom made this incredible cake!
Patrick got to meet his Aunt Melanie and Uncle David. They got back from a 7 week trip to South America on Friday and left today (Tuesday) to move to Australia. We are really going to miss them!
Family picture:



I think Patrick's had enough:
Today we went to the Train Expo at the Botanical Gardens with Grandma and Grandpa. Jack loved it! He is obsessed with trains.



Patrick slept through it all.
It was hard to get Jack to look away from the trains for a picture.
Patrick had his first smile this weekend. I was able to get a picture of this one today.
Jack and Patrick posed for a picture to send Daddy.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Funny...Lily's holding sessions with William end with the exact same expression from William. Also, I can't believe you went to Mo Bot this weekend! I guess you'll just have to go again this coming weekend with Weekend Playgroup. Jack does love trains... :)