Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Jack woke up this morning to find a welcome sign and balloons from his new school in our front yard.
After a breakfast of waffles, we took pictures on the front porch.
Aunt Margaret gave him this lunch box.
I asked him what he wanted to do when he grew up.  He said he wanted to work on a train.  I said, "So, you want to be a train engineer?" and he said yes.  After I made this sign (it says, "First day of kindergarten. I want to be a train engineer.") he told me I should add "when I am eleven" after it.  There is a small railroad nearby that has a train you can ride on and they let kids come volunteer there when they are 11 years old.
Standing in front of his classroom door:
It was pretty crowded (lots of parents and grandparents dropping their kiddos off for their first day of kindergarten), so this was the best picture I got of Jack with his teacher.
No tears from either of us as we said good-bye (or for the rest of the day).  It is hard to believe he is already in kindergarten!  We are so proud of him!
I didn't take any pictures later, but we met Daddy for ice cream after dinner to celebrate the first day of school (Jim worked late which is why he had to meet us).  I've decided that was a great tradition we should continue for years to come.

No comments: