Friday, February 28, 2014

One Month

On Wednesday, Maggie turned 1 month old.  We took her to the doctor for her checkup and she weighed 6 lbs, 14 oz.  She's still tiny, but she is doing a lot better than she had been 4 days before.  Jim took her in for a weight check Saturday and she was only 6 lbs, 9 oz. (just 1 ounce more than at birth, and 6 oz. more than at her last checkup 18 days prior).  The doctor was concerned that she was only gaining 1/3 oz. per day.  We began giving her a little (1 Tbsp.) extra milk after 4-5 feedings each day and she was able to gain 5 ounces in 4 days!  She's packing on the pounds...er...ounces!
"Fine, Mom.  Take a picture.  But make it quick."
"I told you just ONE picture!"      (she's actually sneezing here, but it looks like she is upset)
"You can take more pictures, but I am going to stick out my tongue!"
"Just sticking out my tongue isn't enough?  Fine.  I'll stick out my tongue and make a goofy face.  Maybe you'll put the camera away now!"

1 comment:

aussienahms said...

She is SO cute! Good things come in small packages (or so we say to our tiny Addie too!)