Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hawaii, part 3 - Helicopter Tour of Kauai

Jim and I went on helicopter tours of the island of Kauai.  With four kids to worry about, we decided to go on different helicopters...just in case.  Jim rode with David and Melanie.
This blog post will pretty much just be amazing views from the helicopter.

There is a lot of red dirt on Kauai.  It is because there is a high amount of iron oxide in the soil.  So, the island is basically rusting.  ;)


 The island is very lush.  Lots of green and lots of waterfalls.



Look at all the waterfalls!


Kauai was the least populated island we visited, and it was my favorite.
This is Hanalei Beach.  We did not see Puff, the magic dragon, there.
More waterfalls!
Jim after his tour.
I went on a tour with my parents and my brother Michael and his wife Kathleen.  It was amazing and I highly recommend it!

No comments: