Saturday, June 10, 2017

December 2016

December was a good month, full of holiday traditions.  One of our favorite things to do is see Santa at the train station.  Patrick and Charlie were not too happy with one another in this picture.
I had Patrick bring his homework to read while we waited to see Santa.  He was sweet to read his story to his sister.
This was the first year Maggie did not cry when sitting on Santa's lap!
Each year, we go to Our Lady of the Snows Shrine to see the Christmas lights and eat dinner in their restaurant.
The kids enjoyed this Lego nativity display.

Another tradition is to take the kids to the Oakland House to see Santa.  We go during the week, so the older boys don't usually get to go.  This year, they had a day off school and were able to come along.  First, we listen to a story and watch a puppet show.

Then, we get to see Santa and have a cookie from Mrs. Claus.
I enjoyed a lunch out with my former co-workers!
Patrick's class made gingerbread houses and I got to come help.

 I took Maggie and her friend to the Magic House where we saw Santa AGAIN!

 Charlie helped me make Christmas cookies.
 We got to hang out with college friends!
Each family in our kids' school had to pick a virtue to work on this year.  Our family is working on kindness.
Christmas season goofballs:
Their future is so bright, they gotta wear shades.
Jack's class put on an impressive Advent program.
Jack helped cantor 3 songs.  He did great!



I was able to join Charlie and his class for their Christmas party.
We went to my parents' church for Christmas Eve mass, and then back to my parents' house for dinner.
At my parents' house, Maggie pushed her brother and he pushed her back.  Right into the granite coffee table.  She got a big cut and we brought her to the ER for 6 stitches.  Merry Christmas!
Christmas morning:

The kids got an Xbox!
We hosted brunch.  Maggie benefited from lots of older cousins to read her new books to her!


Uncle Paul and Patrick were twins!
My gorgeous nieces!
The weather was nice enough at the end of December for a hike with friends.



We also visited the Science Center over Christmas break.


One morning, I found Charlie and Maggie playing in the storage ottoman we have.

My friend Kathleen had her annual "Countdown to Noon" party on New Year's Eve.  It was fun, as usual!







Joe wowed the kids with his magic.


So long, 2016!  It's been great!

No comments: