Sunday, September 15, 2019

February 2019

In early February we traveled to Wisconsin to see Jim's sister and her family, and to go to her annual music party.  While Jim and his sister were setting up, I decided to take the kids to my brother's house less than 2 hours away so we wouldn't be in the way.  My nephews had built a huge ski/sled hill in their front yard!

My nephews:



There was a large igloo in the backyard.
My parents happened to be visiting that weekend, so we got to see them as well.  Unfortunately, as we were getting ready to head back to Jim's sister's house, Patrick got sick.  We tried to drive anyway, but we were not 2 miles from my brother's house before Patrick got sick again and I slid on the ice.  So, we turned around and spent the night at my brother and sister-in-law's house.  It was a bummer that we missed the party, but the kids enjoyed the extra time with cousins (and aunt, uncle, and grandparents).
A fire in the fireplace is one of my favorite things about winter.
Valentine's Day was unseasonably warm this year.  We rode bikes to a nearby playground after school. 







Charlie played basketball for the first time this year.

I think he liked it.

Patrick played basketball as well.



On President's Day, I took the kids to the World Chess Hall of Fame.
All the kids enjoy chess, but Patrick is the most interested in it at the moment.

They had an art display on a lower level of the museum. It was a little too abstract for us.
There is a giant chess board outside.  The pieces weren't out so we asked if they would get them out for us. They gave us a funny look because it was so cold out, but they did bring them outside for us.
Afterward, we went to Crown Candy. We waited outside in line for a long time, but the kids (and I) were cold, so we left.
Exploring the Discovery Room with cousins:

Cousin time!
Jack played basketball again this year.  It was probably his last season.
Jim and I co-hosted an Iron Chef party at a friend's house.  It was such a fun night!
The hosts:


After the competition, Jim and friends played music for the crowd.
Maggie got a stomach bug the night of her birthday, so we had to cancel the family gathering and reschedule it for the next month.  She was happy to celebrate again!
Maggie and A holding hands to walk to school.
We had another nice day at the end of February.  Maggie was certainly colorful for a bike ride to the playground.
Charlie may be part monkey.


No comments: