Monday, May 11, 2020

November 2019

We started November with a trip to the Magic House. The kids love climbing the bean stalk.
Traveling Charlie:
Football Charlie:
The girls worked together on a maze.
Jack had a hair-raising experience with the Van de Graaff machine.
Patrick and Maggie worked together.
Maggie and I enjoyed her half days on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We didn't always do fun things on the half days.  On this half day, we went to the dentist for check-ups.  Maggie stayed in the waiting room when it was my turn.  I cracked up when I came back to find her reading Rolling Stone magazine.  There are plenty of children's books available.  I sent Jim this picture and he was proud.
We went out to dinner before Jack's volleyball game for Jim's birthday.  Earlier that day I had court and we learned A was going to move in with a family member.  It was definitely bittersweet. We told the kids at dinner.
Charlie had his last soccer game of the season.
He played goalie for a half.


The night after Jim's birthday, we celebrated at his brother's house with some of the guys in their band.
Our last family picture with A.
My aunt gives the kids Advent chocolates each year.  This year she made a point to get them to us early so A could take hers with her to her new home.
In mid-November, we went to our annual glamping weekend.  We arrived before the others on Friday and were able to spend some time with just our family.

The kids brought bikes and went for a ride on Saturday.
We had nice weather!



Maggie and Grant had fun playing together.


 The dads played football with the kids.




Saturday evening, the kids put on a talent show for us.

After the kids go to bed on Saturday, the adults get to spend time together.

We enjoyed a nice, kid-free dinner.
Lauren and I made Blues pjs for the kids this year. Here are the kids in order from youngest to oldest.



We decided to stop at Alley Springs on the way home.  We had never been there before and were happy to explore a new place.

Some say this is the most photographed place in Missouri.
"Average Daily Flow 81 Million Gallons"  WOW!





Charlie made his First Reconciliation. Just Jim and I accompanied him.  Afterwards, we took him for ice cream at Oberweis.  It was a pretty special evening.

I ran the Hot Chocolate 15K with 5 other girls from my volleyball team. We came back to our house for a delicious breakfast afterwards.  I think this is going to be a new tradition.
Connie came in town for Thanksgiving.  She and I ran some errands together and stopped by a house we used to spend a lot of time at in high school.
Cousins on Thanksgiving:
These three have fun together!
The kids ate first and then the adults.
Jim and I enjoyed a night out celebrating Jeff's 40th!

No comments: