Wednesday, February 17, 2021

November 2020

I asked Jim to pick up some special edition Nelly Budweiser. I don't like beer and won't even taste it, but wanted to have some in our house.  I can't believe it's been 20 years since Country Grammar was released.
I went to vote and then run with my running friends.  We didn't all vote for the same people, but we still get along!
Jack had a tour at SLUH.  We were impressed and Jack put it as his first choice.
Maggie continues to love to jump rope.
Jim was able to take Patrick's den on an outdoor hike for Scouts.

One weekend was unseasonably warm and Jim's band decided to play together outside. The kids and I rode our bikes to watch them.

We rake a LOT of leaves!
Patrick's class was in quarantine so he was learning from home. During a break one day he joined me for a run.
We started a bathroom remodel. So many pipes!
A new Thanksgiving tradition was started. Jim and the kids had the first annual Kelly Family Turkey Bowl in our front yard.



For the first time, we had Thanksgiving dinner with just the six of us.
Jim smoked a turkey on the grill.
Dinner was delicious, but we missed family.
The day after Thanksgiving, I took the kids for a hike. Jim was working.
Moments into the hike, the kids found this fun log to walk across.
Look how fun it is!
That log was fun up until Charlie fell off it and hurt his arm. He went white and was in a lot of pain. He was holding his arm and didn't want to move it.  He said everything looked brown.  I called Jim and we decided he should come to the ER.

His arm was not broken, but they put it in a splint.
Aunt Sue gave the kids gingerbread turkeys to decorate. Maggie spent the most time on hers.
During the extended family Thanksgiving zoom, I quickly drove over to my Uncle Steve's house and surprised him as he zoomed in his backyard.
We decided to go to Lone Elk Park for a hike later that weekend.
Donuts for the win!

No comments: