Wednesday, December 29, 2021

May 2021

We had a rare Saturday in early May with nothing on the calendar (except golf for Jim) and a great forecast. The kids and I met my friend Nancy at Greensfelder Park for a hike.



The kids and I stopped for frozen custard on the way home.
Karen and Lenny came in town and we went to the City Foundry to see Old Salt Union.
I met my parents for a hike with my niece and nephew.

Jack's class performed High School Musical, Jr. I got a picture with my favorite part of the set.
Jack played Ryan one night.




Connie came in town and celebrated my birthday with me. The boys were camping and Maggie spent the day and evening with my parents.  Connie and I went to Pere Marquette for a hike.
We stopped by Fast Eddie's on the way home. We didn't stay.  After going home, we showered and went out to dinner and then to my friend Ellen's house for drinks on her patio. It was a great day!
The day after my birthday, Maggie fell out of a tree at a neighbor's house (shortly after a softball game). Check out her elbow!
No break, but a cast.
Jack was finally eligible for the Covid vaccine!
Jack got some glasses for his role in the 8th grade musical.
Patrick and I stopped at Culver's for a treat after his last day of Reach class.
Maggie got a pink cast and all her friends and family were able to sign it.  This sweet babe came in to snuggle me one morning and fell back asleep.
Uncle Paul was kind enough to drive Jack in his cool Jeep for the 8th grade parade. Grandma and Grandpa made signs and came to watch.

Jack was the lead car (Jeep) in the parade!


Maggie finished off a fun year of Daisys.
Jim and Jeff jammed outside.
I rode my age for the second year in a row.
It was a fun 44 miles with these friends.
The 8th graders had a fun mystery trip (Swing-Around-Fun-Town, Top Golf, Union Station, Ted Drewes).



I enjoyed lunch with my former colleagues. 
The 8th graders had fun at their Glow Party.
The Rose Mass brought some tears to my eyes.
The 8th graders present a teacher (or two) with a yellow rose. One of the roses I received was from Jack.
Graduation night!

Jack earned a few scholarships in addition to his diploma.

We celebrated with Oberweiss ice cream after graduation. 

 

No comments: