Wednesday, June 24, 2020

February 2020

The morning after we arrived in Wisconsin, Jim went on a snowy bike ride with Lenny.
I took the kids to visit their cousins for the day.  They were so excited to see the snow piles made by their cousins.
We went to Lukas's indoor soccer game. It was fun to see him play.
Then, back to their house for snow fun!


Adam impressed us with his unicycle skills!

We drove back to Milwaukee for the party that evening.  Jim and his siblings are very musically talented!



Cousins:
Siblings:

The renovation provided more room for the fans.



More time with Meara!
Nana and Papa would be proud of Meara's choice of toys.
The cutest little rollerblader.


I went on a retreat one weekend in February.  During some downtime, my friend Laura and I enjoyed the outdoors.
We are taking a break from fostering right now, but are providing respite care to other foster parents. We had a couple kiddos stay with us for a few nights. Our kids loved having other kids to play with.
We went to a SLU basketball game with Patrick's basketball team.

Jack did a reading at the Scout Sunday mass.



My running group got a table together for trivia night.  We chose a running theme so we could wear workout clothes.
We went out after the trivia night.  We got carded!  It was a fun night that ended with karaoke. 
I took the kids to a chess meet one Saturday.



The chess kids with their coach.
It's fun to watch Patrick play basketball.



I went to my annual dinner with high school girlfriends.
We found a small chess tournament.  I took the boys one weeknight evening. They were excited to see this sign:
Jim and his band played the fish fry at my parents' parish.
Patrick and Charlie qualified for the Chess Finals.  They even played chess during the downtime between matches.


We co-hosted the annual Iron Chef party again this year.
These guys entertained us with music after the delicious food.
A fun night was had by all!


No comments: