Wednesday, November 20, 2019

April 2019

Sometimes Charlie and I would take selfies as we waited for his ride to pick him up for baseball practice.
Jim and I enjoyed a night out for our 14th anniversary.  We used a gift certificate we got for Christmas from my parents.
I took the boys to a Harry Potter Night at the Science Center.
After the scavenger hunt they had fun at the game exhibit.



Maggie and I enjoying some nice weather:
Maggie took gymnastics with my cousin Emily.  She loved it!
Maggie and I had plans to go swimming at the Y one afternoon.  Due to circumstances beyond my control we were not able to go.  Maggie decided the next best thing was to "swim" in the bathtub.
My buddy Connie came to town with her girls and suggested we take our kids ice skating.  We have not been ice skating much, but the kids did great.



We had some very serious egg dyeing!

And Easter cookie decorating!




The kids were ready to look for Easter eggs on Easter morning.

A note from Charlie to the Easter Bunny:


We had brunch at Jim's brother's house.  It was a beautiful day!









Then we went to my parents' house for dinner.  Maggie and Rory are always excited to see each other!



Maggie and I are both wearing dresses my mom made!


The morning after Easter Jim and I flew to Asheville, NC for 3 nights.
We toured the Thomas Wolfe house.
We visited MANY breweries. 
I asked for water at a little microbrewery and they pointed me here:
We spent two nights at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate.  We rented mountain bikes to explore the property.
You can see the mansion in the distance.

George Vanderbilt had this home built when he was single. Then he married and had one child. 

We took an audio tour of the home.  We are standing by the indoor pool!

We found cornhole everywhere!
Jim is relaxing by the pool.  It wasn't too warm so we didn't swim in the pool, but we did relax in the hot tub a couple times.
We went hiking in the Pisgah National Forest.
Jim slid down Slick Rock.
Another brewery!
Our hotel in Asheville had a Tesla.  We had the Tesla drop us off at a microbrewery.  We got lots of looks and people asked us who we were (thinking we were famous).
At the end of April was our parish Spring Festival, a favorite day of the year for many kids.



Jim played music, along with his brother and sister.


No comments: