Wednesday, July 31, 2024

January 2024

Jim and I bundled up and played pickleball on the first day of the year. We didn't have any trouble finding an open court.
One of my favorite things about winter, is hanging out in the living room (often with a fire in the fireplace) and snuggling under a blanket.  The kids and I had fun playing games one night.


We took a trip to the zoo.  Because it was cold, we did not have to fight any crowds.  Everyone wanted a picture in the frozen chair.

It was good weather for a polar bear sighting.

These guys will climb anything they can.
After a cold day at the zoo it only makes sense to stop for ice cream!
We also stopped to see Grandma the day before her birthday.
Jim and I went to see his friend play music one night and I ran into a running friend. 
Snow Day!



I met my high school friends for dinner. 
Maggie sang with the children's choir in the Christmas concert (in January).

Jim played guitar on some of the songs.
We celebrated Grandma's birthday.
Maggie worked on a Pinewood Derby car.  She did not race the car, but wanted to make one.
Dinner at Imo's with Dad!
We celebrated Maggie's birthday with family.
I found these goofballs outside sliding on the ice.
I accompanied Patrick's class on a field trip to the federal courthouse downtown. They had a tour, listened to several guest speakers, and even got to sit in on a change of plea hearing.


I made cookies for Patrick when he was accepted at his first choice for school.
Congratulations, Patrick!

Patrick's class had a high school acceptance party and I made cookies for all the kids. 
Maggie's birthday was the same day as the high school acceptances came out and the party for the 8th graders, so we had some neighbors over to celebrate her with ice cream cake.
The next morning, Jim took the kids to a chess meet at my grade school.
I flew down to Nashville for a quick trip to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday.  


I sent this picture to my uncommon (and amazing) James at home.

It was so fun celebrating Kerry!
Maggie was excited to use the new light box she got from Uncle Patrick and Aunt Ingrid.  

No comments: